Oh how fun. My anthropology professor just said “illegal alien” without seeming to think anything was wrong.
If it was a normal professor, ok. But this is anthropology. C’mon people get your shit together.
I know that people don’t always get it, but referring to someone as an “illegal alien” dehumanizes them and makes it easier to treat them like an issue instead of thinking about them in human terms. Just like the term fag is technically understood to refer to a gay person but isn’t considered respectful, the term illegal alien isn’t respectful either.
- ilikechocolatemilkh reblogged this from search4zion
- diaryofthecoolestgirl likes this
- d20lewis reblogged this from search4zion and added:
- blackknight7289 likes this
- punchingsatanlikeaboss reblogged this from allison-coopersmith
- allison-coopersmith reblogged this from nonpapermemories and added:
- nonpapermemories reblogged this from search4zion and added:
- wellummerr likes this
- quantasalmastenho likes this
- alysialoves likes this
- search4zion posted this