Reasons why Sir Christopher Lee is just plain cool.
1. Nearly a century of life and he shows no signs of even slowing down. (There must be something in the surname… Stan Lee is the same.)
2. He knows the meaning of commitment. Fifty years with his one and only wife! (Did sow plenty of wild oats in his younger years, but happened to meet the right woman as he was getting tired of it.)
3. He is related by marriage to Ian Fleming.
No coincidence that he was a Bond villain.
4. He joined the intelligence services during WWII, where it’s hinted he did some very badass things to some Nazis. (He indicated once that he knew the exact sound a man makes when stabbed in the back.)
5. He is the only one of the LOTR cast to have met J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. He is a loyal and steadfast friend. He was a mainstay to
Peter Cushing during the latter’s grief over his wife’s death.
He still misses his old chum deeply.
7. He is a Warner Brothers cartoon fan (something he shared with
Peter Cushing) and can apparently do a spot-on Yosemite Sam.
8. He was the narrator in a studio cast
recording of The Rocky Horror Show.
9. He is a classically trained singer and has recorded everything
from opera to Broadway to heavy metal (no, I am not kidding).
10. Related to that, he likes to head bang to keep
his neck muscles from growing stiff.
11. He was on the cover of Paul McCartney
and Wings’ Band On The Run album.
12. He plays a good golf game, too!
13. Is descended from Charlemagne.
14. As a child, met the killers of Rasputin personally when they stopped by his mother’s house. (He kept this in mind when playing Rasputin).
15. He evokes all imagination of gothic horror in your mind when see him.
16. He has the most onscreen swordfights of any other living or dead actor in the history of movies. I am guessing that record will be his for eternity.
17. He is Dracula
18. He is Saruman
19. His full name is Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ.
20. He has the right to bear the coat of arms of the
Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
21. He fought for Finland in the Winter War against Russia in 1939.
22. He’s an inspiration to us all.
23. Also he’s very tall.
24. He rereads “Lord of the Rings” every year!
25. Despite all the points mentioned, he is really modest.
Are you with the
so i went to hobbiton and took a picture of my fifty year old copy of the book. no big deal. i mean, it’s in front of bag end, but no big deal.
I AM SO JEALOUS WHAT THE HELLLLL
Gandalf the Thief
Still the reason why I want to be in a fantasy movie. I WILL be payed with props.
cosmo sex tip #645
When she sees your dick for the first time look her dead in the eye and say “it glows blue when orcs are close”
Behind the Scenes: John Rhys Davies visits the set of The Hobbit
Someone just fucking drew Gandalf in a suede chair, nbd.
or someone has the weirdest ass ever
Richard Armitage got to keep his sword, his shield, the key, and the map.
THIS IS LITERALLY THE MAJOR REASON WHY I HAVE WANTED TO BE IN A FANTASY MOVIE!!!! I WOULD JUST ASK TO BE PAID IN PROPS. ughhhh
I WANT A CLOCK OF THIS!
WHAT TIME IS IT?
OH. FOUR MINUTES AFTER THE HOUR OF THORIN.
HALF PAST FILI.
A QUARTER TILL BOFUR.
God bless the creator of this
I HAVE SAID THIS
EVERY TIME I GO TO CHEESECAKE FACTORY
“The Eye of Sauron now turns to the Cheesecake Factory, the last free kingdom of men…”
And I thought to myself then, “There is one I could call King.”
And I thought to myself then, THAT’S ONE HOT ASS DWARF. Oh wait jk that’s not the cute one.
I’m so sorry for making this
“We cannot get out.
We cannot get out.
They have taken the bridge and Second Hall. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retr […] Mazarbul.
We still ho[…]g … but hope u[…]n[…]
Óin’s party went five days ago but today only four returned. The pool is up to the wall at West-gate. The Watcher in the Water took Óin—we cannot get out.
The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep.”
They are coming”
-Ori, the Book of Mazarbul
fuck, marry, kill - ian mckellen (x)
Oh my god this is why he is better than all other actors.